The Full Circle 1001 nights Tournament

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
  • #1 2015-05-13 18:20

Hello folks

With the latest Community Cup just over, we thought the timing was perfect for us to announce a special event for a special occasion. Full Circle is edging towards 1000 days and while we're still young compared to some classic ones out there, this is still a bit of a landmark to reach as a community, a landmark we wanted to celebratewith the whole CSM community.

We decided to make a Tournament, called The Full Circle 1001 nights Tournament (yeah : 1000 days so 1001 nights, right ?). We want to make a tournament which is open to everyone, where even the lower-intermediate clans have something interesting to play for, aside from playing many maps.

Similarly to other user Cups, we will play games through ESL ladders, please make sure you're in when it starts. As there have been some questions about it, the number of slots is basically unlimited, I'll set a subscribtion deadline later.

Here is the proposed format :

groupstage
    - Right now we think about having seeded groups (based on powerrankings).
    - groups of 6 with one or two seeds per group, again depending on participants.
    - First two qualify in "elite" bracket, next two qualify in "intermediate" bracket, next two are out.
    - "home" and "away" games, to make it like CL.

It's still in a to be confirmed state, as it will depend on the number and quality of participants.

playoffs
    double elimination on one map for the whole playoffs stage for both brackets.

Maps
    Only dust2 and aztec as it stands, we may include inferno depending on the timing of its disclosure as well as whether it works properly or not.

Prizepool
    - There will be no subscription fee. However whoever wants to chuck in and help to make the prizepool bigger is welcome.
    - The community will be funding the first part/the base of the prizepool from its own pocket. Right now it is only constituted with coins, we may look to alternative opportunities if some interesting ones arise
    - Custom trophies are being considered

As it stands, we have already gathered 550 coins

Prizeshare
    Again, it will depend of the quantity of prizes we have, as well as the number of participants.

Currently we think about sharing it between the top8 clans in the elite bracket and the top3 in the intermediate bracket.

We will confirm when we have more information.

questions/remarks/suggestions
    As many aspects are not completely decided yet, we invite the CSM community to provide us with their remarks if they have some. For any sort of feedback or question, contact scw-

participation
    You want to participate in this event ? Nothing simpler : contact scw- right away !

Thanks for your attention...and spread the word !

Last edited by scw- at 2015-05-19 13:23
  • #2 2015-05-14 01:25

awesome I'm in of course...

• #3 2015-05-14 12:34

Actually its 999 nights at 1000 days

• #4 2015-05-14 14:55

Nice

• #5 2015-05-14 15:21

Lets do this!

• #6 2015-05-14 16:39

JZe wrote:

Actually its 999 nights at 1000 days

And what if the community was created at night?

• #7 2015-05-14 18:33

1000 nights i guess

• #8 2015-05-14 19:12

As there have been some questions about it, the number of slots is basically unlimited, I'll set a subscribtion deadline later.

• #9 2015-05-17 23:55

I'am here ^^
    Good idea !

• #10 2015-05-18 00:29

Sent a PM to the biggest communities' chiefs
    Don't hesitate to reach me directly in order to subscribe.

• #11 2015-05-18 01:35

Great idea I´m definitely in and so will most of prototype! Thanks for the effort

Last edited by PReneW at 2015-05-18 01:36
  • #12 2015-05-18 06:01

i am in

• #13 2015-05-18 09:17

any ideas about the deadline? Pingers will be in.

• #14 2015-05-18 10:46

Well I hope we can close registrations in 3 weeks, which would coïncide with us reaching those 1000 days.
    Don't forget : to register, send me a PM !

As an aside, I will add some additionnal information this week about the prizeshare and the participants.

• #15 2015-05-19 12:23

so i guess this is not community based, but single player based?

• #16 2015-05-19 12:44

schefrocker wrote:

so i guess this is not community based, but single player based?

That's right!

• #17 2015-05-19 16:47

I'd join!

• #18 2015-05-19 22:36

Hello folks,

Time to be a bit more specific about the Tournament.

Quote:

Full Circle 1001 Nights Tournament

General information
    - Individual tournament, every manager plays for himself.
    - 96 slots, no subscription fee. However whoever is in generous mood and is keen to help in having a bigger prizepool is more than welcome. Considering the adopted format, the tournament can start if there are at least 80 clans when the deadline comes. We can also get a bit above 96, up to 112 without changing anything.
    - Deadline to subscribe : day 49 of this season (=7th june).
    - Maps : dust2 and aztec
    - Matches will be played through the ESL ladder system. When it is about to start, be sure you’re registered to it.
    - 16 groups of 5 to 7 clans (will depend on how many we are)
    - Group seeding based on powerrankings as they will be at the end of season 76. The best 32 managers in powerrankings will be seeded
    - 10 group games, 5 on each map vs each manager (like Champions’ League). We’ll alternate the maps, starting with Aztec. Meaning it will be Aztec, dust2, Aztec, etc. until the end.
    - In each group, #1 and #2 qualify to elite bracket. #3 and #4 qualify to intermediate bracket
    - Brackets are both on double elimination until the end, on a single map picked randomly

Rules
    Groupstage
    - Groupstage allocation will be decided through a standard seeding calculation for the first 32 : 1+32 in group 1, 2+31 in group 2, etc. Then the remaining participants will be allocated randomly.
    - During groupstage, points are counted thusly :
    o 3 points for a win
    o 2 points for a draw
    o 1 point for a loss
    o 0 point for a forfeit
    - Groupstage games will be played in the space of two weeks. Week 1, games 1 to 5, week 2, games 6 to 10
    - In groupstage, overtime, if happening, will NOT count.
    - Ranking from groupstage will be decided on the following criteria, by descending order of importance :
    o Total points scored,
    o Total points scored vs direct opponent,
    o Rounds scored vs direct opponent,
    o Rounds scored,
    o Total wins,
    o Unseeded clan first,
    o Random draw.
    - Any manager not playing his game before the required deadline will receive 1 PP
    - Any manager not playing 3 games before the required deadline will receive 1 additional PP on top of the 3 already received.
    - By reaching 3 PP, a manager will lose 1 point.
    - By not playing his game at the latest 3 days after the required deadline, the manager who declines/ignores challenges will lose the aforementioned game by forfeit and get 0 round. The other clan will get 23 rounds as well as the 3 points.

Playoffs specific rules
    - Playoffs brackets will be drawn randomly, with the group winners in one “hat”, the runners-up in another hat. Same goes for clans coming 3rd and 4th in their respective groups for the intermediate bracket.
    - Playoffs shall start on Thursday of the 3rd week.
    - Games will be played every 5 days.
    - For each playoffs round, the map will alternate, starting with Dust2.
    - Playoffs games will have overtime if needed.
    - Managers will have 4 days to play their games. I will collect results on the 5th day, so any manager failing to play within the deadline will automatically have a -0.5 penalty for the next round, meaning he will have to win his game ‘straight’ to qualify (overtime = defeat no matter what)
    - By not playing his game at the latest 3 days after the required deadline, the manager who declines/ignores challenges will lose the aforementioned game by forfeit.

Specific information
    - In case of specific issues, I will judge ‘on pieces’ to sort it out, with the help of a third party unrelated to the tournament or the community (yet to be decided).
    - Random draws will be done with the help of a third party unrelated to the tournament or the community (yet to be decided)

Prizes
    As it stands, a lot of coins have been put aside thanks to the contributors mentioned further down. On top of the prizepool, CSM owners kindly proposed to add a few coins to round it off as well as VIP packages. How it will materialize in the end remains to be seen.

Prize distribution will be confirmed when we have more definitive information about the complete prizepool.

Prizeshare (in coins) – elite bracket
    - 1st - 100
    - 2nd - 85
    - 3rd - 70
    - 4th - 55
    - 5-6th - 40
    - 7-8th - 30
    - 9-12th - 20
    - 13-16th - 10

Prizeshare (in coins) – intermediate bracket
    - 1st - 50
    - 2nd - 40
    - 3rd - 30
    - 4th - 20
    - 5-6th - 10
    - 7-8th - 5

In addition, everyone within the prize positions mentioned above will get 30-days standard VIP. Thanks to CSM for their generous contribution!

Registered managers : 92
    mystic, V, jacopom, Destiny, dwaq, Roddoido, Archie, Hizzi, kearz, kanar, snif, sedan, Napsi, ArjAnus, JoR, Flika, Donque, Håkon, Lortroka, DerBabo, zoif, Nitty, Medikk, Jze, _verron, shagarrow, willa!, pedy, jowsdeflows, ProxyNL, Arthhur10, alex.berlin, he4dsh0t, icbus, prenew, alpine, luxi, osis, umgeluckt, scorpjan, mastah, pepe, ludis, draag, siq, vers, tsopelixxx, Kakalov, atz_-, j0nas, mbrooks, Prajitorul, ants, tyrAnt!, zulv, fragbastard, Jager, juxx, iiyama.de, Nostr4, rqptor, vidic, traugutta, the_slepy, Shuk, fau, H2o, biggor, a1rstar, muttan, tricky, chelooo, calif, hippy, emi`, fortunaluna, sphell, eye, wzkxu, s0ziopath, hoertje!, cntbv, kross, ministasiu, lakrotaja, Plast, vali, pronax, Impreza, n4p, khyn, Rony

Individual contributors to the prizepool (in no particular order) :
    snif, jacopom, scw-, kanar, keaRz, Archie, umh, Roddoido, Hizzi, mystic, Napsi, Lortroka, JZe, Medikk, dwaq, Mastah, hoertje!

As it stands, we have gathered 665 coins from individual contributors. Thanks to all of them as well as CSM for helping out to make it even better. Feel free to give a hand so we can make it bigger before the tournament starts !

Coverage
    The news team will help too by covering the tournament. Thanks by anticipation !

Registeration
    You want to participate in this event ? Nothing simpler : contact scw- right away !

Please let me know if you see any mistake or have remarks about the whole thing.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by scw- at 2015-06-19 19:19
  • #19 2015-05-19 22:43

mbrooks is so good you included him twice btw

• #20 2015-05-19 22:44

Icbus wrote:

mbrooks is so good you included him twice btw

fixed, ty

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8