National Tournaments - Let's make this easier!

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reduce to 8?
78 (80%) Yes
20 (20%) No
  • #1 2021-08-24 11:46

I don’t want to take sides here, but I have to go with noiah on this one.
    It is true that playing hard leagues has it’s benefits of game prep and tactic testing, but if we all are fair in our opinions, we all can agree that even if you play a low number country like finland, greece or any other low number of managers country, if you have the skills you can and will make big cash in way less time than a manager in a big country, and with cash and skills combined, you’ll get some decent results in your league. Having good results in your league will most probably end you up in a top community. Being part of a top community means that even though you will not compete internally so hard, you will get your fair share of demos from most of the other countries, and from most of your top opponents. So a person not necessarily of your level @zoif, but even at half your level, with the willingness and time needed in looking at demos, can prepare as good as any other top3 from germany or denmark for godlike and/or CL.
    Having that said, probably the financial gap is not colossal, but it is fairly high, as a team the same as mine was 2 seasons ago couldn’t win league 3.de using not so awesome tacs, while a team similar to mine was able to place top8 in 1337.us, 1337.uk and 1337.gr. So in the time I was having a crappy 2.6k/win sponsor, a team of the same level of power as mine, using no better tacs than I was using, was making the same if not close to double the profit I was making, thus earning close to 500k in the time I barely reached 250K.
    (In that time, I had no scout expenses or tryouts loosing me money. I spend 0csm on players, thus I didn’t waste any money)

L. E. On a side note, having lower number of managers for open tournaments does seem fair imo, even though is an extra income for the smaller countries, I do agree it’s both necessary to have opens for them and unfair for small countries not to have a competition that brings some extra fun in the game for those managers.

Last edited by PixeL at 2021-08-24 11:48
  • #2 2021-08-24 11:49

Yes and solution here is to reflect international success to national rankings => Thus possibly increasing top ranked country sponsors, CL spots and so on... Fair for everyone. Higher seasonal rewards could be easy to implement as well e.g. Free gear pieces or higher rewards, maybe rewarding more than just top3 in these high competition countries.

In this system big countries would benefit of having multiple managers playing in godlike finals unlike smaller ones, but smaller ones with high top-end competition would possibly be rewarded too if they have good success internationally compared to ones which does not have a single active managers. This then would lead to situation that it is harder to bank in very low active countries and then comeback to game with 5M finances and afterwards joining to a top community where he could download tactics, win few seasons and then hibernate again for 20 seasons.

Last edited by zoif at 2021-08-24 11:53
  • #3 2021-08-24 12:55

Great job with the little change that solves lower countrys problem.

Maybe change the way gear expires to days instead of games played and solves the "you don't spend gear I do" problem?

(Not the right topic for this, but also about gear -> It is also not fair that manyyyy old managers have exclusive gear with very strong boosts (usable in some tournaments that doesnt consume gear) that newcomers will never get, shouldn't admins get rid of that too?)

• #4 2021-08-24 13:07

zoif wrote:

Yes and solution here is to reflect international success to national rankings => Thus possibly increasing top ranked country sponsors, CL spots and so on... Fair for everyone. Higher seasonal rewards could be easy to implement as well e.g. Free gear pieces or higher rewards, maybe rewarding more than just top3 in these high competition countries.

In this system big countries would benefit of having multiple managers playing in godlike finals unlike smaller ones, but smaller ones with high top-end competition would possibly be rewarded too if they have good success internationally compared to ones which does not have a single active managers. This then would lead to situation that it is harder to bank in very low active countries and then comeback to game with 5M finances and afterwards joining to a top community where he could download tactics, win few seasons and then hibernate again for 20 seasons.

Making a new ranking too quantity based less likely changes the situation of big Countries dominating by outnumbering the rest. Then its just relabeling things and less honest to paying users. Quality of performance should be considered too imho. If the work of one manager from a small country is enough to outperform the work of 16 managers from the same big country, then it has be weighted too into such a new ranking.

Last edited by Raid on at 2021-08-24 13:07
  • #5 2021-08-24 13:18

Just give Portugal and Denmark free gear. This won't change a thing except for some peace and quiet on the forums.
    I would say Germany, too, as it's by far the most competitive country in the game. Still, the managers there perform extraordinary internationally despite that fact and don't complain as much.

• #6 2021-08-24 13:30

arcane wrote:

Just give Portugal and Denmark free gear. This won't change a thing except for some peace and quiet on the forums.
    I would say Germany, too, as it's by far the most competitive country in the game. Still, the managers there perform extraordinary internationally despite that fact and don't complain as much.

soooo because i dont play in the most active leagues, i must buy my gear????
    i am aleady missing my tournaments...

• #7 2021-08-24 13:32

arcane wrote:

Seems reasonable. I also vote for this!

• #8 2021-08-24 13:36

ProxYNL wrote:

arcane wrote:

Your gear is free regardless after the first purchase has been made.

• #9 2021-08-24 13:36

arcane wrote:

Arcane it doesn't matter, there will always be people complaining no matter what admins / developers do to this game always.

• #10 2021-08-24 13:42

ProxYNL wrote:

Some previous posts ago someone suggested to small count managers to buy more coins for FLs to enjoy the same competitive fun and preparation. 😂 Fortunately, it didn't came from an csm official.

• #11 2021-08-24 15:27

zoif wrote:

Yes and solution here is to reflect international success to national rankings => Thus possibly increasing top ranked country sponsors, CL spots and so on... Fair for everyone.

Do you think the amount of games needed to prepare on a seasonal basis should be factored in?

Some would probably argue that the amount of games needed to prepare in 1337.fi can be counted on one hand (same goes for 1337.il), whereas other leagues you might need to prepare 20-25+ games.

If you play CL as well, you need to add at least 10 games on top of that.

• #12 2021-08-24 15:42

zoif wrote:

Looking at the total team price of 1337.dk and 1337.fi I would say that 1337.dk is even much better at saving cash even you have to use "worse" sponsors and spend money on gear.

I think it would be very useful to have you and/or raid on make a thorough analysis of (financial) information on the different leagues:

1. League / Nation
    2. Cost of team
    3. Days played
    4. Number of seasons in the high(est) division(s)
    5. No. of tryouts sold in excess of 10k and the accumulated profit hereof

This will probably help a lot in discussing the topic.

• #13 2021-08-24 15:45

J0nas wrote:

zoif wrote:

Yes and solution here is to reflect international success to national rankings => Thus possibly increasing top ranked country sponsors, CL spots and so on... Fair for everyone.

Do you think the amount of games needed to prepare on a seasonal basis should be factored in?

Some would probably argue that the amount of games needed to prepare in 1337.fi can be counted on one hand (same goes for 1337.il), whereas other leagues you might need to prepare 20-25+ games.

Some would say that those are perfect learning opportunities to improve your sets in order to be successfully internationally as well. Additionally very good games to get inspired by other managers whilst some has to face default tacs => not much to get inspired nor improving your own stuff

• #14 2021-08-24 15:49

zoif wrote:

J0nas wrote:

zoif wrote:

Some would say that those are perfect learning opportunities to improve your sets in order to be successfully internationally as well. Additionally very good games to get inspired by other managers whilst some has to face default tacs => not much to get inspired nor improving your own stuff

Definitely a learning experience.

Others might argue that the ones player <5 competitive league games per season could seek out "learning experiences" app. 10+ times a day playing ESL, FL's (storegut / josse's FLs excluded).

Would be very nice hearing your opinion on this matter seeing you as a very important figure in the CSM community.

• #15 2021-08-24 15:54

J0nas wrote:

zoif wrote:

J0nas wrote:

zoif wrote:

Others might argue that the ones player <5 competitive league games per season could seek out "learning experiences" app. 10+ times a day playing ESL, FL's (storegut / josse's FLs excluded).

Would be very nice hearing your opinion on this matter seeing you as a very important figure in the CSM community.

Typically if you play ESL you are either playing vs your own community mates only or other ppl who are using fake sets => not so wide variety of tactics is used as in hard league with multiple different top community managers. Additionally you, me and everyone knows that ppl uses pretty basic stuff in those FLs so it's fairly hard to get inspired by them

Last edited by zoif at 2021-08-24 15:55
  • #16 2021-08-24 16:02

zoif wrote:

J0nas wrote:

zoif wrote:

J0nas wrote:

zoif wrote:

Typically if you play ESL you are either playing vs your own community mates only or other ppl who are using fake sets => not so wide variety of tactics is used as in hard league with multiple different top community managers. Additionally you, me and everyone knows that ppl uses pretty basic stuff in those FLs so it's fairly hard to get inspired by them

I'm not so sure.

I get inspired on daily basis from FL's, ESL, PCW's etc. But I am no tactical mastermind as yourself.

• #17 2021-08-24 18:53

J0nas wrote:

zoif wrote:

No one would argue that except Danish managers, who complain about that 24/7, especially looking at Godlike and CL podium spots and seeing 0 Danish managers there the past few seasons, opposed to Israeli or Finnish managers as you mentioned that appear several times and via different teams.
    The only thing that's going in Denmark is a more significant user base of mediocre managers. P4P via power ranking, Denmark is at the bottom of the list.
    Germany's the only nation that needs to prepare for 20-25 games per season, and surprisingly I never hear them complain, and their teams appear in finals almost on a seasonal basis.

• #18 2021-08-24 19:53

arcane wrote:

J0nas wrote:

zoif wrote:

No one would argue that except Danish managers, who complain about that 24/7, especially looking at Godlike and CL podium spots and seeing 0 Danish managers there the past few seasons, opposed to Israeli or Finnish managers as you mentioned that appear several times and via different teams.
    The only thing that's going in Denmark is a more significant user base of mediocre managers. P4P via power ranking, Denmark is at the bottom of the list.
    Germany's the only nation that needs to prepare for 20-25 games per season, and surprisingly I never hear them complain, and their teams appear in finals almost on a seasonal basis.

To me this is inferior manager(s) talking without insight on playing in competitive nation.

Would like to hear from more qualified manager(s) with updated insight on the game and it’s competitiveness.

• #19 2021-08-24 20:57

Friendly reminder to keep on topic. I think the lowered entry requirements has been something many, including me, have advocated for for seasons and this is something the majority of us wanted.

• + #20 2021-08-24 22:35 Post deleted by booban

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10