National Tournaments - Let's make this easier!

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reduce to 8?
78 (80%) Yes
20 (20%) No
  • #1 2020-04-20 14:14

We could try making a newspost every week as a reminder, it's working really good in Sweden so we get 2 now instead of 1 like we used to get. Hopefully some more countries will get at least 1 tournament that way?

• #2 2020-04-20 14:55

In Estonia we get best times 8 registrations... can't see that it would help here...

• #3 2020-04-20 15:02

AcmeAsd wrote:

In Estonia we get best times 8 registrations... can't see that it would help here...

Idem in NL, we just don't have enough players for this tournaments...

• #4 2020-04-21 13:02

in Austria never since 5 years or so ...

• #5 2020-04-24 20:11

Raid on came with an excellent proposal that fits this topic.
    Couldn`t you, admin team, do an AUTO-JOIN on the countries that have a minimum of 16 active users? Where 1337 doesn`t have #16 as bot clan? And give them the opportunity to turn off the feature if they don`t want to participate. So in small country player count, people will actually get the opens to start

• #6 2020-04-24 21:43

PixeL wrote:

Couldn`t you, admin team, do an AUTO-JOIN on the countries that have a minimum of 16 active users? Where 1337 doesn`t have #16 as bot clan? And give them the opportunity to turn off the feature if they don`t want to participate. So in small country player count, people will actually get the opens to start

No, we can't put people anywhere. Only coders can. It's worth discussing it

Btw, here's how 1337's mail boosted Germany's activity.

• #7 2020-04-24 22:13

Hu7K wrote:

PixeL wrote:

No, we can't put people anywhere. Only coders can. It's worth discussing it

Btw, here's how 1337's mail boosted Germany's activity.

41/64 and counting in w17.2 also

• #8 2020-04-24 22:53

Argentina Open Tournament w17.2Join (19/64)

a lot of news teams but thanks ♥

• #9 2020-04-25 07:38

New record in Austria - we got 8 registrations ! 50% - close ...

• #10 2020-04-26 08:56

Same here..

Even with message we didnt make it

• #11 2020-04-26 14:51

UK didn't get enough even after the mail, with 14/16

A lot of lower teams don't want to join because they feel there is no point as they can't win.

How about we give all participants 100csm just for joining? I feel we need some incentive even if it's small...

• #12 2020-04-26 15:16

honestly all non bot clans should be automaticaly added to open tn each week, problèm solved

• #13 2020-04-26 15:24

dant wrote:

honestly all non bot clans should be automaticaly added to open tn each week, problèm solved

I proposed the same thing as the #5 comment of second page. This might be the best option if the admins approve it

• #14 2020-04-26 20:00

PixeL wrote:

dant wrote:

I proposed the same thing as the #5 comment of second page. This might be the best option if the admins approve it

Or create multiple randomly generated tournaments with all current teams (not including bots)

• #15 2020-04-26 20:37

jonnylaris wrote:

A lot of lower teams don't want to join because they feel there is no point as they can't win.

How about we give all participants 100csm just for joining? I feel we need some incentive even if it's small...

better just auto join all the members the country have its not about he wants or not , its free so no harm done

• #16 2020-04-27 00:58

vega wrote:

jonnylaris wrote:

better just auto join all the members the country have its not about he wants or not , its free so no harm done

I agree but this means countries like Germany are going to have like 20 open tournaments.I guess the plus side will be that it gives smaller teams a chance to win one.

• #17 2020-04-27 11:07

Email was a very good idea, I don't think auto join (forcing) teams to play tour would be a good idea, if they are active, they see the email for sure, if they don't join it's because they don't want to, why force them? Maybe they don't want to help "feeding" the top teams in those tours.

I understand that might be frustrating every week without a tour for some countrys, but just forcing rebuilders, lower teams, inactive teams to join just for some teams to win more assets per season is stupid, merging small countrys to csm country would be a solution?

Last edited by retiXiii at 2020-04-27 11:07
  • #18 2020-04-28 09:52

retiXiii wrote:

Email was a very good idea, I don't think auto join (forcing) teams to play tour would be a good idea, if they are active, they see the email for sure, if they don't join it's because they don't want to, why force them? Maybe they don't want to help "feeding" the top teams in those tours.

I understand that might be frustrating every week without a tour for some countrys, but just forcing rebuilders, lower teams, inactive teams to join just for some teams to win more assets per season is stupid, merging small countrys to csm country would be a solution?

Merging is imo the best option, but i heard it's a hard job with coding to fix this problem!

• #19 2020-04-28 13:54

Just so you guys know.
    We are currently debating internally as well, how to make the game more attractive for smaller and smallest countries.
    This goes from different approaches like things that were already suggested in here to some other things like merging countries etc.
    All in all, the difficult part is to implement it in current code and to make it work for everybody without crashing the game.
    Additionally, it is very important for us to satisfy most, especially the active users.

• #20 2020-04-28 17:57

Wrath wrote:

Just so you guys know.
    We are currently debating internally as well, how to make the game more attractive for smaller and smallest countries.
    This goes from different approaches like things that were already suggested in here to some other things like merging countries etc.
    All in all, the difficult part is to implement it in current code and to make it work for everybody without crashing the game.
    Additionally, it is very important for us to satisfy most, especially the active users.

I agree that there is a large amount of work that needs done, but something will need done eventually or the smaller countries will die altogether.

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10