CSM Awards 2020

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
  • #1 2021-03-01 13:09

Nowadays in most leagues (all besides 3-4) you can achieve enough good economy to win basically everything within two years, when most of the time you should have been capable to compete for days trophies => There should be motivation to hold the team and continue playing.

I understand that some leagues requires more time and effort, so it could take slightly longer to get on top. However, in these leagues you can easily learn from better managers while playing a team which seasonal costs per player is at tops 20k and stack up money, still capable of doing damage internationally in godlike level (at least to reach poffs).

Ultimately when you get +1m team, then the tacs are starting to play the most significant role, at least in my opinion. Unfortunately it just seems that 95%+ tend to play with same downloaded / copied / bought tactics which they get from their respective communities. This could be a potential motivation killer for new comers more than the slow pace of the game itself when they realize how much they have to learn and work in order to even beat basic sell set tacs that everyone has. Of course we also have this all time problem that everyone is awareness, Java.

Last edited by zoif at 2021-03-01 13:12
  • #2 2021-03-01 13:11

mathe wrote:

rebbyd wrote:

What a big bowl of bullshit guys! If anyone is showing at least a little decency of respect in every post, it's Raid on.

Haaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa

this

• + #3 2021-03-01 13:11 Post deleted by zoif

• #4 2021-03-01 13:13

There is nothing wrong with the motivation and its challenging to have the weaker team.
    Thats why we still play.
    Game offers nothing in terms of catchup though, which was all that was sayd.
    So everything mite be easier to get yes, but it will also be easier for the people that played already 5000 days.

• #5 2021-03-01 13:34

are you guys really on topic?
    How is this connected to csm awards from 2020?

forum bans for everyone!

• #6 2021-03-01 13:54

noiah wrote:

Imagine sitting thousands of days after the launch of the game, never winning shit, and then trying to school other managers about how easy the game is, and how you can just do this and that.

instead of going ad hominem like verba you could have provided some counter examples/numbers of new users struggling and reason the possible cause of their struggle. so neutral viewers can get the entire difference of struggling and successful low days users. I prefer the latter option to illustrate the maximum possible outcome of managing well in the long run.

noiah wrote:

People that live with the handicap of playing a game vs someone like you Raid, whom have already spend a lifetime in the game, you should be thankfull they are contributing in keeping the game alive.

if you think time is an excuse for failure, how come several RL busy managers managed to succeed in this game.

bumbiii wrote:

it's deffo ontopic imho. unfortunately, for some guys here the recent newcomer award winners were not good enough to prove the point that there's a catchup in csm.

rebbyd wrote:

In terms of the game as for now, it has never been easier coming back as a new or a former user. That's just how it is. It has never been easier getting decent players on the market that can compete on a high level (if you are very active). You can buy oldies with decent limits for pennies. The same goes for youngsters that perhaps needs more patience and boost. All in all, you can easily decide what you feel is the best way to go in terms of managing your team and goals.

always nice to see the pov from a manager who has to start from scratch all over the again.

• #7 2021-03-01 14:09

Raid On how about my POV? I started from scratch aswell. I won WWT Godlike as a “new” clan. So I know it is possible - it’s just such a boring climb in an active country as Denmark where every clan has spend +1.000.000 on their team.

I would not have made it past 100 days if it was not for my community and friends from my last account. It’s such a boring grind to play 50 days for 2 days of action (WWT Days).

Again. I’m takling about new users. I don’t really care for legendary users rejoining the best community already knowing everything from 8 years of experience.

• #8 2021-03-01 14:19

bumbiii wrote:

forum bans for everyone!

Agreed

• #9 2021-03-01 14:38

Verba wrote:

Raid On how about my POV? I started from scratch aswell. I won WWT Godlike as a “new” clan. So I know it is possible - it’s just such a boring climb in an active country as Denmark where every clan has spend +1.000.000 on their team.

glad you are still around and didn't give up. ofc you naturally face managers who did their job well over many seasons. this is inevitable in a manager game where victory is sweeter after facing some resistance. your older/richer opponents started from scratch too and had to catch up up too. if you want to do it faster than them, then you have to manage more efficient.
    the guys who started many decades ago had much more difficult starting conditions and still managed to stack assets and trophies. as rebbyd stated it can be very easy nowadays to maintain a budget team which is able to grab hltv sponsor income even in bigger countries.
    3 seasons to climb up to 1337 is a very short time for csm standards. it used to be 1-2 years of patience + smart grinding before promoting to 1337 in strong countries in the past.

Verba wrote:

Again. I’m takling about new users. I don’t really care for legendary users rejoining the best community already knowing everything from 8 years of experience.

new users usually seek help from this kind of experienced managers. if their mentor is very pessimistic, how do you think new users will motivate themself to stay and work their way up to become future csm award winners?

zoif wrote:

I understand that some leagues requires more time and effort, so it could take slightly longer to get on top. However, in these leagues you can easily learn from better managers while playing a team which seasonal costs per player is at tops 20k and stack up money, still capable of doing damage internationally in godlike level (at least to reach poffs).

I agree there. by facing national resistance there's always the opportunity to learn how to max out the efficiency as underdog. resulting in a huge performance boost in international competitions despite having less financial capacities than foreign topteams. the huge international trophy collection of managers from big countries speaks by itself there.

Last edited by Raid on at 2021-03-01 14:41
  • #10 2021-03-01 14:55

Congratz to all winners. It was fun being a part of the jury!

• #11 2021-03-25 08:15

Verba wrote:

Congratz to all winners. It was fun being a part of the jury!

Thanks!

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4