Champions League S121 Preview - Flashbacks from S120 Review

Pages: 1, 2
  • #1 2021-05-17 22:59

Hello and welcome once again to yet another review, overview, and ofc, dumb opinions about the Champions League of season past.
    This time, I want to apologize in advance for the lack of content this will have, but also thank you for the much love I get for doing nothing.

--------------

Season 120 brought us some quite good emotions, pleasant surprises and some really nice tactics to copy. Tears to be dropped, egos to be broken, reigns to be ended and dreams to become... Reality!
    Ladies and gents; let`s hand out a big round of applause for the surprise of the season, the man who made the impossible possible, the one who broke the balance, the one and only PReneW.

imbalance ≠ zweiundvierzig - PReneW

Not his best, but definitely not his worse 1337 season so far, probably boosted up a notch the confidence and motivation needed for PReneW to accomplish what many managers dream about. Armed with a good team and backed up by some of the most dangerous managers Germany has to offer, the imbalanced crew managed to take home not only the first Champions League trophy together, but the shiniest of them all... das Gold. We can`t give way too much credit to his community though, because we all know that good preparation brings good results, and great preparation... well... Champions League Gold!
    Starting off in Group 1, PReneW came off to a sketchy start, but he managed to recover, wining his group with 14 Points (7-0-3), following to unleash the beast in the ODD Playoffs by taking out one by one, everyone who crossed his path. First down wargod, next came Kevin, followed by Critical_Error and last but not least, ex-champ Lilith. None of them was good enough this time around to stop PReneW's road to the grand final, where we must agree, we`ve witnessed a hell of a show. His opponent, hungry for the gold Hu7k, seems to have done everything in his power to stop this season's underdog, but even though we`ve seen that it was not an easy game for any of them, PReneW managed to get on top this time around.
    Big Congratulations!

u know? ғεαя тнє тυятℓє ツ - Hu7K

The green giant is once again at it folks, and it seems that he is trying very hard to show us the nouhau surgical precision, our most beloved admin right after zAyw00t, Wrath and wzkxu, Hu7K made a triple "I`m not the best anymore" performance. Silver Godlike, Siver leet and Silver Champion of the world.
    Hu7K, like this season`s gold winner, had a pretty good group prestation, winning Group 3 with 15 points (6-3-1), tied to Kail who placed sacond in the same group.
    Moving on to the EVEN Playoffs, it looks like our green goblin will never stop smashing. Like a runaway train that never stops, sosa was left out to dry in the train station probably still not understanding what happened in that demolishing 21-9. Keeping up the pace, siminho was next in line, and he didn`t get awarded any less compassion. Twice in a row had Hu7K to beat 2DeFace, twice in a row he did exactly that. Bait play on dust2, infernal play on inferno, and the Grand Final awaits. The map to play was dust2 and boy, this made things equal for them both, as no actual demo of PReneW's inferno could be leaked, and neither of Hu7K, and we could clearly see that in the first 30 rounds that ended up tied like a know. On one side, sadly for Hu7K, one set of OT was just what was needed for him to loose, but on the other side... TRIPLE SILVER BABY! Booya!

Tяiad • ınтoxıcαтєd - 2DeFace

Coming off with a "close to being too old" team, 2DeFace is the second underdog to make his dream come true. It looks like it somewhat of a trend this season. We`ve all heard rumors around most discords about the comeback of 2DeFace, many fearing his team even before it was actually ready to compete, but now, in the last hour, he`s back, and he means business. Even though he didn`t show way too much overall aggression in Group 8, some of those 15 points (7-1-2) that got him the top spot in his group were by completely sending back packing some of his opponents. EVEN is where we see the combination of skill and power 2DeFace has, as he started of with a bang that blew wzkxu right out of his shoes. Coming out of an awesome group performance and even better first playoff game against moshu, Verba was next in line, and no mercy shown yet again, 18-12 win that sends him into the claws of the turtle. Or were they paws? Loosing his first game against Hu7k, I think it`s now both safe and fair to call 2DeFace, the Romanians Reaper. Everyone this days gets to be a Reaper, why not 2DeFace too? After all, 2 Romanian managers their bones broken by him in this CL`s playoffs, adding old timer tricky as his third, thus, making him the only Romanians Reaper.
    Final game, final shot at top3. Even though in most people`s eyes 2DeFace was doomed even before the game started, having to face S119's triple Gold unstoppable boy/girl genius Lilith, the double loss against Hu7K seems to have not manage to weaken 2DeFace, but on the contrary, made him thirsty for blood, where he showed no mercy 2deface of Lilith, taking home his first international award, the Bronze Champion title of season 120.
    Congratulations are clearly in order.

--------------

Group 1
    1. Universitatea Cluj ¬ pιngers (chelooo)
    2. u know? Besaid Aurochs ツ (DrunkenSailor)
    3. u know? exce11eNt (ecs44)
    4. euphoria ¬ pιngers (egg)
    5. NBV Gangsters ¬ pιngers (krakemut)
    6. NSL ☯ Theo Hernandez (noiah)
    Group 2
    1. (っ◔◡◔)っ𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓿𝓮𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼 goes kamikaze (Gekcha)
    2. [мαFіα] » Offspring (Sebtastic)
    3. u know? bitches love cake 🎂 (Lilith)
    4. URGH! 🛹 is an oldfella (Acy)
    5. (R)SCA goes kamikaze (BartRoets)
    6. [мαFіα] » Monkey Island (setitoh)
    Group 3
    1. єxтıηcтıoη » gethen cяew (fau)
    2. These men of stone༄ goes kamikaze (kewtek)
    3. 🐺 WOLFнεαят goes kamikaze (tsunami)
    4. Belgium goes kamikaze (Kevin)
    5. Destroyers goes kamikaze (RUY_BT)
    6. Ryonan goes kamikaze (Sendoh)
    Group 4
    1. Tяiad • 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝖇𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖓 for NC!!! (SeahAwk)
    2. u know? ғεαя тнε тυятℓε ツ (Hu7K)
    3. [мαFіα] » Blacklist (rhythm)
    4. cғ ∙ アニメは人生です (siminho)
    5. [мαFіα] » I LIKE TURTLES (winsku)
    6. αbbεγ rσαd goes kamikaze (booban)
    Group 5
    1. [мαFіα] » Ghost of Tsushima (Ayoros)
    2. [мαFіα] » _へ__(‾◡◝ )> (JJ)
    3. 2stronk Patriox X (tSoPeLiXxX)
    4. black coffée ¬ pιngers (tricky)
    5. [мαFіα] » [ SAD iN THE PANTS! ] (Lindell-)
    6. мαмвα мєитαℓιту ✔️ (awesome)
    Group 6
    1. Team.Poker ¬ pιngers (Phil Hellmuth)
    2. Renaissance ¬ pιngers (barzoi)
    3. fortunaTo goes kamikaze (fortunaluna)
    4. єviζ PUG`s is an oldfella (JUxX)
    5. Soul Reapers ¬ pιngers (Shinigami)
    6. Tяiad • Spieluhr (Kortex)
    Group 7
    1. Tяiad • the sosa's (Sosa)
    2. BooYaka (BooYaka)
    3. u know? ULTRAS (wzkxu)
    4. [мαFіα] » No 500’s, No Party (J0nas)
    5. [мαFіα] » UNstABLE (zit0x)
    6. FU2 🦄 TesseracT (LaZer-Gun Nun)
    Group 8
    1. lλmbda ¬ fAct`` (cap`)
    2. Tяiad • ınтoxıcαтєd (2DeFace)
    3. FU2 🦄 (.Y.) (ProxYNL)
    4. Tяiad • яeѕ нisтoяicα (storegut)
    5. FU2 🦄 ! (Hartvigsen)
    6. Tяiad • #JOSSE22 (josse22)

-----------------------

Nations:

Argentina (1) [0]
    Austria (1) [0]
    Belgium (2) [0]
    Brazil (1) [0]
    Denmark (4) [0]
    Estonia (1) [0]
    Finland (1) [0]
    France (2) [0]
    Germany (5) [0]
    Greece (1) [0]
    Israel (3) [0]
    Latvia (1) [0]
    the Netherlands (2) [0]
    Norway (1) [0]
    Poland (1) [0]
    Portugal (5) [0]
    Romania (3) [0]
    Russia (2) [0]
    Spain (1) [0]
    Sweden (5) [0]
    Switzerland (2) [0]
    UK (1) [0]
    USA (1) [0]
    CSM Country (1) [0]

-----------------------

Communities:

Pingers (7) [0]
    nouhau (5) [0]
    NSL (1) [0]
    Kamikaze Masters (9) [0]
    мαFіα (9) [0]
    Oldfellas (2) [0]
    єxтıηcтıoη (1) [0]
    Tяiad ®‎ (6) [0]
    crossfire (1) [0]
    2stronk (1) [0]
    Fat Unicorns 2 (3) [0]
    lλmbda (1) [0]

Communityless: 2 (0)

• #2 2021-05-17 23:05

good job. unfortunately, the current cl winner cannot defend his title this season due to getting knocked out in cl qualification by a national trophyless competitor.

• #3 2021-05-17 23:05

Very nice job once again!

• #4 2021-05-17 23:24

Raid on wrote:

good job. unfortunately, the current cl winner cannot defend his title this season due to getting knocked out in cl qualification by a national trophyless competitor.

Well… neither did Booyaka get the chance to defend his Gold CL in the next season… so I have to say, I’d also say “yes please” to getting rekt in the CL qualis if I’d get the CL gold one season prior
    Also, no CL playoffs leaves him more breathing space to focus on maybe getting a better 1337 performance this season.
    But all in all, maybe this way we see another manager getting his first CL trophy this season.

• #5 2021-05-18 02:10

PixeL wrote:

Also, no CL playoffs leaves him more breathing space to focus on maybe getting a better 1337 performance this season.

touché after watching the league table after 4 matches.

• #6 2021-05-18 08:41

I also went fra Playoff Semi-finals to getting knocked the fuck out of qual.

• #7 2021-05-18 14:18

Once again: thank you pixel! GJ!

• #8 2021-05-18 15:48

thanks for coverage good luck

• #9 2021-05-19 11:05

thnx Pixelinho!

• #10 2021-05-19 17:31

Thank you for the kind words Pixel another great coverage.

• #11 2021-05-19 22:39

Thanks a lot, PixeL. Once again a great read, very appreciated!

• #12 2021-05-20 08:05

Glad to make you guys smile every once in a while. Thank you for taking the time to read them.

@hu7k I’m aiming each time to equalize some nouhau old comm review you guys made (at a blistering pace) or smth like that, that was probably the best read I’ve had on csm. So each time I try to put slightly more time in the current review than I did in the last one. Thanks for the support.

• #13 2021-05-24 00:13

Group 3: Fau vs Kamikaze XD a bit of a joke i would say

• #14 2021-06-06 14:26

impressive group performances so far by drunkensailor, hartvigsen, juxx, storegut and winsku. exciting post-hu7k era so far.

• #15 2021-06-06 14:44

Gekcha shouldn’t be left out though

• #16 2021-06-06 14:47

PixeL wrote:

Gekcha shouldn’t be left out though

with a quick 92 p2. very inspirational for other underdogs.

• #17 2021-06-23 18:16

What a class community still playing with database downloaded tacs 😂 Gratz with the trophy.

• #18 2021-06-23 18:41

Verba wrote:

What a class community still playing with database downloaded tacs 😂 Gratz with the trophy.

Thought they were deleted? Or are you talking about a tac which already got played in public finals and therefore is legit copyable?

Last edited by Raid on at 2021-06-23 19:20
  • #19 2021-06-23 22:46

Raid on wrote:

Verba wrote:

Thought they were deleted? Or are you talking about a tac which already got played in public finals and therefore is legit copyable?

Following the official statement by MrKaizer I wouldn't take what Verba writes seriously, as it was SA confirmed he is spreading false rumors in a miserable attempt to boost his in game ego. (e.g. "a manager with great current success", claiming the CL trophies have somewhat to do with his tactics etc.).

MrKaizer wrote:

[Just to be crystal clear, since this is the CSM community afterall, Verba has not recieved such a list. Like the few other managers whom we could prove had tacs stolen, he has been informed about what we knew concerning his tactics]

Having that said, I wouldn't know which tactic we are even talking about or if I even have 2D Live at this point.

On a separate note, congrats to the winners! Surprisingly nouhou got all 3 trophies once again. I am shocked and surprised about that. At the beginning of the season, based on some comments I was sure NH winning a trophy was nothing but a myth moving forward.

• #20 2021-06-23 23:03

arcane wrote:

On a separate note, congrats to the winners! Surprisingly nouhou got all 3 trophies once again. I am shocked and surprised about that. At the beginning of the season, based on some comments I was sure NH winning a trophy was nothing but a myth moving forward.

impressive how quick nouhau recovered from the ban of hu7k and still managed to recruit new members.

Pages: 1, 2