HTML Tactic Editor ALPHA edition

Pages: 1, 2, 3
  • #1 2021-07-09 07:13

DrunkenSailor wrote:

Doesn't work on my new mobile. On my previous one it worked.

Same issue for me OnePlus 6T and chrome. Worked at the beginning when feature was introduced.

• #2 2021-07-09 09:32

Thanks for reporting. It’s not your phone, it’s a mistake in the code on line 12. It will be fixed. :-)

• #3 2021-07-09 10:31

zAiw00t wrote:

Thanks for reporting. It’s not your phone, it’s a mistake in the code on line 12. It will be fixed. :-)

yeah it is quite obvious

• #4 2021-07-09 10:55

Some started sharing mobile device information, so I wasn't sure if it was obvious for everyone.

Last edited by zAiw00t at 2021-07-09 10:55
  • #5 2021-07-09 13:53

zoif wrote:

DrunkenSailor wrote:

Doesn't work on my new mobile. On my previous one it worked.

Same issue for me OnePlus 6T and chrome. Worked at the beginning when feature was introduced.

Works perfect on my iPhone, you both need to repair your phones 😎

• #6 2021-07-09 14:54

It seems it doesn't work anymore for Android devices

• #7 2021-07-09 16:21

Same issue on Chrome for macOS.

• #8 2021-07-09 23:29

zAiw00t already answered, it is not a device/browser problem, as you can see in first line (error message) there is a undefined variable in line 12, wait for someone to update the code

• #9 2021-07-16 23:39

Sorry about that. Left some garbage on the server after testing.

Adding points to Player 1 should be fixed.

I added a discrete BOMB visualization... It can be changed by double clicking.

It wont be long until the experimental save option comes online, so please give the editor another run through the mill :-)

The current plan is (feel free to comment):

Quote:

Bugs
    * Needs mobile testing

Missing
    * Draw spawn and bomb areas.
    * Save button
    * Overview button

Soon
    * Proper wrapping
    * Mobile display improvements (sizes etc)
    * Colorblind mode
    * View angles via keyboard

Considering
    * Use player names from lineup a/b/c? does it have any value?

Future
    * Crisper graphics
    * Various config settings for users (view cone/angle display; toggle sync wait times in overview; etc)
    * Buttons to replace keyboard shortcuts on mobile
    * Copy route to other player
    * Copy point to other player
    * Rename, copy and save to folder from within the tactic editor
    * View a single point at a time

Last edited by MrKaizer at 2021-07-17 23:19
  • #10 2021-07-17 17:37

Personally I dont see any need for changing the player names based on the lineup

Being able to view a single sync from one player and not just all their syncs/route could also be useful in regard of making it easier to get the view angle of each sync how you want it.

Last edited by drjensen at 2021-07-17 22:45
  • #11 2021-07-17 23:43

Save button is online. Use with caution.

• #12 2021-07-18 20:40

I know there are warnings, but I need more than one brave user to test the save function - could a few of you perhaps invest thirty minutes or an hour?

• #13 2021-07-18 23:59

I'm not allowed to save, always same message: "Player 1, Point 1: Invalid integer value; 354.99.... for - value "

I'm editing through mobile, btw. I can't find the way to change views, change the bomb carrier or even move the player under/up in specific areas of the maps. Is that possible to do through mobile, or still missing options?

• #14 2021-07-19 09:47

BaR7^^ wrote:

I'm not allowed to save, always same message: "Player 1, Point 1: Invalid integer value; 354.99.... for - value "

I'm editing through mobile, btw. I can't find the way to change views, change the bomb carrier or even move the player under/up in specific areas of the maps. Is that possible to do through mobile, or still missing options?

Thank you, the first error message is from saving on mobile too, right? I guess the zoom generates non integer positions. Thank you!

There are probably many interactions missing on mobile, thanks for identifying some.

• #15 2021-07-19 12:46

- The button "clone point" just clones the point for the selected player, instead of cloning the point for the whole team (as used in Java) and thus is kinda useless

- Not all numbers are centered - for example is in my case the 2nd Syncpoint of my p1/2/4/5 centered but the 2nd Syncpoint for my p3 is off-centered.

- Same for example 3rd Syncpoint for my p2 in comparison to the p1/3/4/5 - further testing shows me, that for example sometimes I create a waypoint and the number is centered - then I create the next point and suddenly the centered number from the WP before gets uncentered..

- Tactic(s) who I made via the new editor and save are not working at all ( ID 51831638 ) - if I have syncs where I let the CL decide, they are stuck. Some player randomly stop after a syncpoint and dont move to their next WP (no w8 involved)
    --> If I duplicate a tactic and edit it a bit via the new editor and save it, I didn't had this kind of problem so far - CL deciding worked and no random stopping.

Only played 10 mins around, guess if you use it for 30-60mins you will get a pretty big backlog of bugs.
    Will see if I find some time in the next few days and write it down a bit more detailed and with ways to reproduce.

Testing was done via Pale Moon.

Last edited by jaaqov at 2021-07-19 12:46
  • #16 2021-07-19 17:09

MrKaizer wrote:

BaR7^^ wrote:

Thank you, the first error message is from saving on mobile too, right? I guess the zoom generates non integer positions. Thank you!

There are probably many interactions missing on mobile, thanks for identifying some.

Yep, indeed everything I test is through mobile... I could save if I remove some points, create new ones or change timers, but not when moving any sync (new one or existing one), even if I don't zoom it at all...

Last edited by BaR7^^ at 2021-07-19 17:11
  • #17 2021-07-23 22:50

Thanks for clarifying. Saving moved points on mobile is fixed.

The rest are added to the todo list.

Quote:

- Tactic(s) who I made via the new editor and save are not working at all ( ID 51831638 ) - if I have syncs where I let the CL decide, they are stuck. Some player randomly stop after a syncpoint and dont move to their next WP (no w8 involved)

Thank you for the testing and reporting! Could you elaborate a bit more on the behaviour and expected behaviour? (I'm not too familiar with how syncs points work out) - Which player(s) are stuck are which sync points?

There is nothing wrong "semantically" with the tactic in the DB - so it's hard for me to understand it should behave any different from the same tactic made in the JAVA editor.
    Could it be the variable number of sync points on the players? Or that some players have no waypoints after the last syncpoint?

Pages: 1, 2, 3