State of the game

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  • #1 2021-07-28 20:41

    All good points.

    The only reason this game was never sued to oblivion by valve was because it never made it big and was always super obscure.

    I'm positive that after a certain point if the game would have become more popular (100k-200k+ users, who knows) valve would have threatened or sued it out of existence.

  • #2 2021-07-28 22:41

    + Cups every season
    + Balance the sponsors
    + Have fun

  • #3 2021-07-29 20:08

    noiah wrote:

    Also, when you say it will cost huge amounts to advertise for a reset (A reset that would be fine with just updating a few things) then you are speaking on behalf of someone that has zero connection with the Counter-strike community.
    You have no idea what goes on in that world, and now I am 100% sure that you have zero ties to the game.


    see the reality check below.

    noiah wrote:

    Lastly Apoc, id like to point out that CS is on another level then in 2013.
    Esports is much more embrassed these days.
    Hundreds of thousands of viewers for the big events.
    I dont think CS is going anywhere anytime soon, its still solid as fuck.


    reality check: this doesn't matter too much as CSGO is a high paced tactical shooter while CSM is just a longterm management browser game. 2 completely different games targetting a different group. mainstream CSGO players can't be fooled by the "CS" in a nieche game like csm. maybe users who play games like hattrick, x-com or football manager are more likely interested in playing csm.

    Last edited by Raid on at 2021-07-29 20:10
  • #4 2021-07-30 15:36

    I told you so many times I cant be asked to read your stupid shit.
    Why do you keep trolling and tagging me?
    And now you are trying to tell me what kind of game counter-strike is?
    You need to get out of your basement man.

    Last edited by noiah at 2021-07-30 15:37
  • #5 2021-08-10 17:19

    noiah calling someone else a troll xD

    Last edited by jonnylaris at 2021-08-10 23:35
  • #6 2021-08-10 21:16

    Bringing users to the game should be pretty simple if the owners were willing to invest in it. Just approach some network that has a good eSports/CS/Gaming inventory, pay them per lead with some quality KPIs to supplement in-game purchases, and the numbers will increase very fast.
    The problem is that many of them will leave quickly in the current state of the game, where it's so difficult even to make it work properly.

  • #7 2021-08-10 23:36

    arcane wrote:

    Bringing users to the game should be pretty simple if the owners were willing to invest in it. Just approach some network that has a good eSports/CS/Gaming inventory, pay them per lead with some quality KPIs to supplement in-game purchases, and the numbers will increase very fast.
    The problem is that many of them will leave quickly in the current state of the game, where it's so difficult even to make it work properly.

    Owners can't even be arsed writing a forum post nevermind try and market a game they don't give a f**k about.

  • #8 2022-01-04 07:56

    Came back to check out whats going on here. I Used to play from about season 15 to 50 +/- , was a member for over 2k days and was just going to compete in leet with my rebuid, at the time i finished high school and went to germany to work and earn some money, turned out for me to live in countryside with no acces to internet, my account went inactive and soon bankrupt, therefore i lost it. the game state today just seems horrendous, holy shit, the transfer market, every player that is not absolutely godlike is just worthless, you can rack up a team of top5 skills 90 avg and total 700+SP for free. And the player base is so low that there are up to 5 active teams in div 1. Yeah a reset and merge of countries would make this playable. Im sure someone enjoys the current game state, the guy on top of Latvia currently,for example,who was pretty mediocre back in the day

    Last edited by JNK at 2022-01-04 07:58
  • #9 2022-01-04 09:58

    JNK wrote:

    holy shit, the transfer market, every player that is not absolutely godlike is just worthless,


    really depends on. there are average limited and good ones being sold cheap and expensive as well. back in S15-50 players were much more expensive and choices to buy competitive players for decent cash were very limited.

    JNK wrote:

    you can rack up a team of top5 skills 90 avg and total 700+SP for free.


    players with low 90s offs aren't worth that much these days. users possess more knowledge in scaling competitive firepower now which reflects into market prices. newer users who only buy offs in the low 90s will struggle very early in the days WWTs and have to adapt asap. competition isn't sleeping.
    nowadays boosts really exceed the player limits. which wasn' the case until 40s. till S40s there were managers dominating more with firepower than with tactics because they had players with high natural offs. now the danger is coming from many corners which makes the tactical part of the game even more exciting.

    JNK wrote:

    Im sure someone enjoys the current game state, the guy on top of Latvia currently,for example,who was pretty mediocre back in the day


    what's wrong with the mediocre of yesterday becoming the top of today? this sounds awesome in regards of the dynamics. in the end the better managers always climb up and the worse ones have to go down. there is no guaranteed staying on top forever in csm.

    Last edited by Raid on at 2022-01-04 10:01
  • #10 2022-01-04 10:59

    To be honest it doesnt matter who is on top, what i really meant that an actual "management" to build a team is just gone, whats the point of a rebuild when there is an endless suply of maxed out players on the transfer list. Like someone stated before that the game has become a tactical simulator cause everyone has a team of 500/500. the game actualy doesnt even need a reset, just a merge of all regions and a removal of csm agent from transfers to reduce the supply of players, therefore there would be an actual market of players with a value at some point, and rebuilding would be a thing again

  • #11 2022-01-04 11:21

    JNK wrote:

    To be honest it doesnt matter who is on top, what i really meant that an actual "management" to build a team is just gone, whats the point of a rebuild when there is an endless suply of maxed out players on the transfer list. Like someone stated before that the game has become a tactical simulator cause everyone has a team of 500/500. the game actualy doesnt even need a reset, just a merge of all regions and a removal of csm agent from transfers to reduce the supply of players, therefore there would be an actual market of players with a value at some point, and rebuilding would be a thing again

    that's not true, a rebuild with golden hearts is worth more than just buying 5 x 500 players and think you can win everything, that was proven last season and other seasons also.

    If you think top managers just copy tactics from others managers you are also wrong, i can only speak on behalf of kmkz but top communities do new things on a daily basis.

    Now every season "old" managers comes back to tell us all how the game works 90% is wrong in every way.

    Last edited by MissSavage at 2022-01-04 12:04
  • #12 2022-01-04 12:05

    There is much less grind nowadays, and you can build a competitive team in no time. However, the gap between 90+ 700sp players and 900sp 500's is still huge. One goes for free, and the latter can go for as high as 500k or more.
    Cheap teams can mingle with the top, whereas in the past, just getting there would take an immense amount of time, but those inferior teams will likely still get demolished due to the above difference.
    The market is excellent for promoting competitiveness quickly, but it still takes a certain amount of effort and skill to reach the top.

  • #13 2022-01-04 15:41

    arcane wrote:

    There is much less grind nowadays, and you can build a competitive team in no time. However, the gap between 90+ 700sp players and 900sp 500's is still huge. One goes for free, and the latter can go for as high as 500k or more.
    Cheap teams can mingle with the top, whereas in the past, just getting there would take an immense amount of time, but those inferior teams will likely still get demolished due to the above difference.
    The market is excellent for promoting competitiveness quickly, but it still takes a certain amount of effort and skill to reach the top.

    The grind is what i actualy want. And the market is actually rigged in favor of old players, sure newbs can have their mediocre high sp players for free, but does it matter when the top dogs also have an infinite supply of godlike players? dont think so. Especialy when newbs have to compete against the top dogs as soon as they start playing whats pretty much the case for most regions.

  • #14 2022-01-04 22:08

    JNK wrote:

    To be honest it doesnt matter who is on top, what i really meant that an actual "management" to build a team is just gone,


    management isn't gone. just take a look at newer and older managers who are capable of building up team value + assets in the long run.

    JNK wrote:

    whats the point of a rebuild when there is an endless suply of maxed out players on the transfer list.


    training players 8-10 seasons till they can shoot and execute top lvl tactics isn't very popular anymore. just look at the number of participants in godlike WWT and compare it with lower WWTs.

    rebuild still has many benefits:
    -maximum uptime of golden hearts
    -maximum amount of competitive seasons with each player
    -less pressure of refreshing lineup every season
    -ending up with higher xp levels than with csm agent generated players
    -more control of player training
    -taking advantage of analyzing own tryouts
    -being able to participate in lower WWTs

    supply isn't endless. there are still more than enough scenarios where multiple managers hunt the same player and end up paying a high price. the csm agent is doing the job rebuilding users failed do since years: supplying the entire transfer market with trained players.

    JNK wrote:

    Like someone stated before that the game has become a tactical simulator cause everyone has a team of 500/500.


    this isn't true when taking look at last season's international top4 in WWT/CL/days WWT. . many managers are possessing 298 / 299 / 300s though with 90s bases.

    JNK wrote:

    the game actualy doesnt even need a reset, just a merge of all regions and a removal of csm agent from transfers to reduce the supply of players, therefore there would be an actual market of players with a value at some point, and rebuilding would be a thing again


    csm agent actually makes the game more fair by allowing many users to be competitive + provides in between solutions till cash is enough to buy the best options. a removal of csm agent would also take away what's vital in a management game: transfer options.

    JNK wrote:

    The grind is what i actualy want.


    set up a goal f.e. stacking 1M csm in team value + assets, study other managers who know how to grind + the transfer market and just grind.

    JNK wrote:

    And the market is actually rigged in favor of old players, sure newbs can have their mediocre high sp players for free, but does it matter when the top dogs also have an infinite supply of godlike players?


    in such a manage game it's immersive + natural that you have to build up something from scratch as new manager. the transfer market is open for everyone. the best new users are capable of building up a 800k-1M+ team after only 500+ days. ofc it requires efforts + skill as well.
    there is no infinite supply of godlike players. just look at the odds of getting a godlike and the rarity indicating prices.

  • #15 2022-01-05 03:55

    Raid spams the forums on a daily basis and will look for anything with a pulse, it doesnt matter what it is.
    For him the exception is always the rule. (Literally a ten year old)
    He acts like he is the oracle of the game, despite having failed for 17 years.
    His only hope to win anything in this game to restore some self-respect, is obviously to make everyone else quit.
    According to him, the game has never been better and our playerbase is the biggest in the world.
    The game is super balanced and all that shit.
    He will then go and corrupt the game with his little tac-selling business (Other peoples tacs) , and try to ruin competetion by sharing information on the participant teams.

    If a new player comes in this threat, do yourself a favour and ignore him.
    You will save alot of precious time.

    Thank me later.

    Last edited by noiah at 2022-01-05 03:59
  • #16 2022-01-05 08:19

    noiah wrote:

    Raid spams the forums on a daily basis and will look for anything with a pulse, it doesnt matter what it is.
    For him the exception is always the rule. (Literally a ten year old)
    He acts like he is the oracle of the game, despite having failed for 17 years.
    His only hope to win anything in this game to restore some self-respect, is obviously to make everyone else quit.
    According to him, the game has never been better and our playerbase is the biggest in the world.
    The game is super balanced and all that shit.
    He will then go and corrupt the game with his little tac-selling business (Other peoples tacs) , and try to ruin competetion by sharing information on the participant teams.

    If a new player comes in this threat, do yourself a favour and ignore him.
    You will save alot of precious time.

    Thank me later.

    So much hate in one comment.... reminds me the toxicidy of israel community in cs 1.6

  • #17 2022-01-05 08:39

    Aint gona bother quotting what im replying to but, cmon, who is gonna train 13 year olds when you can just pick up generated already trained 20 year olds with 700SP, and for absolutely free. I just checked the history of latvian 1337, Ludis has been dominating for the past 50 seasons, thats a whole lifespan of 2 generations of players and he never had to rebuild, He is winning, he makes the most money, therefore he is able to spend more money for these generated players while everyone else are able to just stay on even finances . Its just an endless cycle of him clapping newbs and him replacing his players one by one when its needed. I dont even see a point to return to the game in this state just to get clapped by his godlike team repeatedly cause he never has to rebuild. The supply of players ruined the game. Generating players could be a good thing, but not already trained ones, 13-14 year olds would be ok, so the top dogs have to step down for a while and someone else can make some buck at the top

  • #18 2022-01-05 08:51

    noiah wrote:

    For him the exception is always the rule. (Literally a ten year old)


    the best in each category are representing the full potential of the game. fortunately, there are new exceptions once in a while. like a 555 days user winning cup bronze trophy lately after building up a 800k+ team. or a 669 days user from a big country showing the power of catchup in csm by winning godlike wwt with a 648k team.

    noiah wrote:

    despite having failed for 17 years.


    Doesn't matter. However, this judgement I leave to others. to ease the research for others and let numbers speaking by itself I have my players shared + records as manager + national coach summarized on my clanpage for full transparency.

    noiah wrote:

    He will then go and corrupt the game with his little tac-selling business (Other peoples tacs) , and try to ruin competetion by sharing information on the participant teams.


    this matter is handled in different threads like there.
    However, funny to read from someone who heavily benefited from other people's tacs himself in the past.

    JNK wrote:

    Aint gona bother quotting what im replying to but, cmon, who is gonna train 13 year olds when you can just pick up generated already trained 20 year olds with 700SP, and for absolutely free.


    good 20yo aren't for free. the extra training is included in extra prices. just check the price difference of 20yo with bad sp + low xp compared to 20yo with decent sp + xp.

    JNK wrote:

    I just checked the history of latvian 1337, Ludis has been dominating for the past 50 seasons, thats a whole lifespan of 2 generations of players and he never had to rebuild,


    he actually possesses rebuild players in his current team.

    JNK wrote:

    He is winning, he makes the most money, therefore he is able to spend more money for these generated players while everyone else are able to just stay on even finances .


    everyone else in his country can close the gap by smart management in the long run.

    JNK wrote:

    Its just an endless cycle of him clapping newbs and him replacing his players one by one when its needed.


    everyone else is able to refresh his team like that too. just a matter of discipline, efforts, patience and skill.

    JNK wrote:

    I dont even see a point to return to the game in this state just to get clapped by his godlike team repeatedly cause he never has to rebuild.


    he ended up going down several times. so you cannot deal with someone else doing a good job? then csm might not be the game for you as there is always someone around who does a better job as manager. however, I'm glad there are still new users who are curious to learn new things + accept the challenge + dig into the game instead of finding excuses before really playing the game.

    JNK wrote:

    The supply of players ruined the game. Generating players could be a good thing, but not already trained ones, 13-14 year olds would be ok, so the top dogs have to step down for a while and someone else can make some buck at the top


    the supply is helping newbies to step up fast and allow them to save big amounts of cash on their way to the top. the old supply you are wishing back was creating much bigger gaps of old + new and bottom + top.
    managers being forced to do go down and others taking their place is already happening on national and international level without forcing ppl to idle 8-10 seasons because of rebuild.

    Last edited by Raid on at 2022-01-05 09:45
  • #19 2022-01-05 09:03

    JNK wrote:

    Aint gona bother quotting what im replying to but, cmon, who is gonna train 13 year olds when you can just pick up generated already trained 20 year olds with 700SP, and for absolutely free. I just checked the history of latvian 1337, Ludis has been dominating for the past 50 seasons, thats a whole lifespan of 2 generations of players and he never had to rebuild, He is winning, he makes the most money, therefore he is able to spend more money for these generated players while everyone else are able to just stay on even finances . Its just an endless cycle of him clapping newbs and him replacing his players one by one when its needed. I dont even see a point to return to the game in this state just to get clapped by his godlike team repeatedly cause he never has to rebuild. The supply of players ruined the game. Generating players could be a good thing, but not already trained ones, 13-14 year olds would be ok, so the top dogs have to step down for a while and someone else can make some buck at the top

    rebbyd just won 3 place in Winther cup with a bit more than 550 days played, Ludis should have an advantage compared to others in latvia thats Logic since he used so many years in the game, but with the right management and hard work other Latvian managers could change that.

  • #20 2022-01-05 09:54

    Still, the game would be better without generated player supply. If everyone has a ronaldo, no one does

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5