New Gear, Rotating Store

Pages: 1
  • #1 2021-09-08 12:37

Just thinking of new ways to make the game more dynamic. The store has been very super stagnant since ever, and I believe it has the potential to be a very interesting aspect of the game. Currently, we have 6/8/8/8 options of gear, with options for 30, 90, and 120 days, with attributes that haven't changed much since ever.

What if we add some uncertainty to the store, with new geat being available each season? Currently, the '500' players' limits are well defined, based on the current gear available. With new gear coming every season, there are new possibilities. Maybe we get the +6 Determination option again or Awareness goes down only up to +4. This way managers have to beware of the possibility of losing some power on their players and well, manage their store purchases with it. Some players would suddenly be worth slightly more, while others could be more valuable to managers who still have older gear with them.

We have so much useless gear in the store, there is not much choice besides 2-3 options. You could reduce the number of options available to something like 4-6 options for all the categories (and even add a 60 games option with a new price range) and leave for managers to plan ahead what theirs needs might be.

Just a small idea I had while pooping.

Thank you

• #2 2021-09-08 12:59

looks interesting to have some new gear on

and a rotation system gear looks interesting yes

• #3 2021-09-08 13:56

Sounds like a fun idea. Not sure how the majority would like it when seeing that some managers are very lucky with resales of lineup A players season by season. Means they will be able to adjust their lineups all the time with very few or close to 0 extra costs.
    TL price wise I think different. The insecurity about stable performances will reflect in prices. During good cycles average and good players might become more expensive but in other cycles their prices drop. Top natural players will become even more expensive as they guarantee top performance during all cycles. Overall this equip rotation could help top managers to defend their spot easier while the guys with less godlike offs have to switch players more often.
    The horror of managers who can barely boost theirs offs due to have 1 weaker off skill would be seeing their players becoming even worse with suddenly 2 weak off skills thanks to restricted equip boost thx to a cycle change.

To affect top teams with high natural offs too I would add a limit cap on top of the equip rotation. F.e one season there is boosted quick 97 hard cap for all players etc.

Last edited by Raid on at 2021-09-08 17:08
  • #4 2021-09-08 21:33

Raid on wrote:

Sounds like a fun idea. Not sure how the majority would like it when seeing that some managers are very lucky with resales of lineup A players season by season. Means they will be able to adjust their lineups all the time with very few or close to 0 extra costs.
    TL price wise I think different. The insecurity about stable performances will reflect in prices. During good cycles average and good players might become more expensive but in other cycles their prices drop. Top natural players will become even more expensive as they guarantee top performance during all cycles. Overall this equip rotation could help top managers to defend their spot easier while the guys with less godlike offs have to switch players more often.
    The horror of managers who can barely boost theirs offs due to have 1 weaker off skill would be seeing their players becoming even worse with suddenly 2 weak off skills thanks to restricted equip boost thx to a cycle change.

To affect top teams with high natural offs too I would add a limit cap on top of the equip rotation. F.e one season there is boosted quick 97 hard cap for all players etc.

I think you're being too drastic with the overall performance of players increasing/decreasing. In the end, the gear is still there boosting skills, the CL/Heart boosts still apply, so the increase/decrease is very marginal. It's not like a player with a 95-95-95 offensive will stop perform from one day to the other...

What this idea tries to bring is some diversity and help the meta of '500' players to slowly change across seasons. Additionally, your player with 90 aim suddenly can have better gear (+1 +2 points, that still /3 after all..) and slightly play better. A player with 96 aim is already capped at 100 so better gear won't do anything. This would make worse players have more chances to perform

And this is the key. This is a Manager game. You need to plan ahead and act in the best interest of your team and plan. You don't have money for 500 natural players, but with some planning and the right purchases, you can make great use of lower natural players and make them perform (buying them for cheaper than players with great naturals).

I don't see a reason for people to sell-buy every season. Just plan and buy the gear you need for the player, it still can last for 90 120 games... its 3 4 seasons, each season new gear will come, or if you don't want to play with luck, buy 2 pieces of that precious +6 determination and hold strong. diamond hands!

• #5 2021-09-08 23:00

del9y wrote:

What this idea tries to bring is some diversity and help the meta of '500' players to slowly change across seasons. Additionally, your player with 90 aim suddenly can have better gear (+1 +2 points, that still /3 after all..) and slightly play better. A player with 96 aim is already capped at 100 so better gear won't do anything. This would make worse players have more chances to perform

I had a bigger range of changes in mind coz to allow a det 94 player to have a similar boosted value as a det 95 player with lvl 5 LS + 0 heart it takes +8 in det gear - an increase of +3 det equip SP needed.
    if it's only a difference of 1-2 equip SP in both directions it doesn't sound that much and would still allow a variety of management strategies.

• #6 2021-09-09 13:36

Well, the lower range is already there, you can already buy gear with only +1 +2, there is no change there. For the higher range, there could be a few outliers from time to time, +8 determination would indeed have a big impact for example. Maybe can be something very rare, but yes, the idea is to bring some variety of options and additional precise management of your team.

• #7 2021-09-09 15:54

del9y wrote:

Well, the lower range is already there, you can already buy gear with only +1 +2, there is no change there. For the higher range, there could be a few outliers from time to time, +8 determination would indeed have a big impact for example. Maybe can be something very rare, but yes, the idea is to bring some variety of options and additional precise management of your team.

yeah from time to time would be nice to have different gear to boost some player...

like every 3 seasons FE could be done something like:
    Season 1 - +8 det(90 games) (for this season special gear in +8 det)
    Season 4 - +9 aim(90 games)
    season 7- etc etc

picking up one skill from time to time
    just a idea

Last edited by wargod at 2021-09-09 15:55
  • #8 2021-09-09 18:00

Someone could say that it's unfair when some easy country managers could just buy gear on stock thus could have higher variety of players to buy when you can mix the gear to suit the best for each player. Thus I definitely like the idea

Last edited by zoif at 2021-09-09 18:00
  • #9 2021-09-09 20:02

those easy countries also lack game fun with no weekly tournaments or exiting leagues

• #10 2021-09-09 20:42

ProxYNL wrote:

those easy countries also lack game fun with no weekly tournaments or exiting leagues

Are you telling me the Netherlands can’t even field 8? Boohoo, maybe you can borrow the 2 Dutchies in the US

• #11 2021-09-09 21:35

SeahAwk wrote:

ProxYNL wrote:

Are you telling me the Netherlands can’t even field 8? Boohoo, maybe you can borrow the 2 Dutchies in the US

Can't say that we're very successful with filling those 8 slots either. We succeeded once and failed once since the announcement
    You know what; we just sign up for both tournaments and have some NL Dutchies do the same!

To also provide an on-topic contribution: I'd love to see more gear as well and I personally propose to do it via additional sponsor deals. Such a flawless proposal that nobody even dared to respond!

• #12 2021-09-10 09:59

ProxYNL wrote:

sure u dont have weekly tour ok but when u spend gear in 3 or 4 games season i spend in 26 to 30 games season!
    big difference of finances...

Pages: 1